classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Grease Nipples
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
Phil Lincoln

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Grease Nipples Reply with quote

Boring subject I know ,but does anybody know where you can get 1/8 bsp left hand thread extended grease nipples. My Rover 95 has one missing from a hardy-spicer.I couldnt belive they were left hand thread but the WSM confirms it.
I could fit a new hardy-spicer but apart from the missing nipple ,there is nothing wrong with the original.
Regards to all, Phil.
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you Googled - there seems loads of suppliers out there some with unusual sizes
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Phil Lincoln

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Grease Nipples Reply with quote

Yes ,spoke to Lubetec in Leeds ( got the contact off Google )and they new what I wanted but havent seen left hand threaded nipples to their knowledge.
Regards Phil.
Jim.Walker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you seem to live in the right City. Have you tried Rimmer Brothers?

An alternative, if it is one of those long nipples is to get someone with a lathe to cut a piece off and cut a left hand thread on the remainder, or possibly put a reduced LH thread on a larger diameter nipple.

Jim.
Phil Lincoln

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Grease nipples. Reply with quote

Yep , tried Rimmer Brothers ,got some cheap latex gloves for the garage but no nipples.( Cracking showroom)
Paid Richards Rovers a visit and all his spare propshafts that werent the sealed for life types had the nipples already missing.
So its out and under this weekend changing the U/J for a sealed version.

Regards to all , Phil.
traction39

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried www.vintagecarparts.co.uk A search reveals that LH threads are available, but I can find no mention of them when I choose a nipple on the parts list. Worth giving them a call?

Citroen Light 15 1953, "12" 1939,
Riley 9 Special 1932
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: