classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Semaphores and flashing indicator diagram
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
traction39

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Semaphores and flashing indicator diagram Reply with quote

Does anyone have a diagram, or link to one, for adding flashing indicators to a semaphore system?

Citroen Light 15 1953, "12" 1939,
Riley 9 Special 1932
47Jag

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest way is to use two flasher units. One for each side. Wire the left side semaphore to one and the right side to the other. If you want a warning lamp too the wire a small lamp across the two flasher outputs.

Simples

Art
Glenn Crawford

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like to keep your original semaphores working at the same time then another moderately simple way uses a single flasher unit, plus two ordinary 12V relays with a single set of contacts.

Each relay's coil connects to one of the original semaphore circuits so that one energises when you turn left and the other when you turn right. Both relays' contacts are fed from the output of the flasher unit, and the output from each contact goes to the left or right side flashing indicators. Any convenient fused supply feeds the input of the flasher unit.

This system has the advantage that it can be extended to provide hazard flashers by adding a double-pole relay, energised from a dashboard switch.
traction39

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,

Thanks for the reply. My car has semaphores and flashing indicators...I was looking for a diagram to send to someone who wanted to do it in Canada. A picture is worth a thousand words...or just my laziness to create my own!
I have actually found one from Autosparks web site and have forwarded it to him.

Thanks for the info... maybe I should have explained better!!

Citroen Light 15 1953, "12" 1939,
Riley 9 Special 1932
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: