classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Cotswold Motor Museum (PR)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Cotswold Motor Museum (PR) Reply with quote

www.cotswold-motor-museum.co.uk

Located in the beautiful Cotswold village of Bourton-on-the-Water, the Cotswold Motoring Museum is a fascinating journey through the 20th Century.

Though the main focus is on motoring, the Museum is full of the everyday paraphernalia that made motoring so popular including picnic sets from the 1920s, alongside caravans, radio sets, gramophones and knitted swimsuits.

Throughout the Museum there are showcases packed with memorabilia. Can you imagine a car alarm that fills the car with smoke? A mechanical hand used for indicating? All these items are enveloped in an atmosphere of the era created by hundreds of advertising signs and music of the time.

Admission Prices

Adults: £4.10
Children(4-16): £2.70
Family (2 adult, 2 children) £12.20
Under 4 years - free
Group discounts also available for parties over 10

Visiting Times

We are open 10am-6pm seven days a week from February Half-Term to the first Sunday in December.

Disabled access is available throughout the museum and Bourton on the Water is particularly good for wheel chairs as much of it is on the flat.

Pushchairs are also allowed.
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop

Last edited by Rick on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim.Walker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's many years since I visited this. In fact pre-"Brum" TV days. I recognised Brum as a Cotswold Museum exhibit as soon as I saw it on TV.

I still rate the Museum as the most fascinating collection of vehicles and motorabilia I have ever visited. By no means a "spit and polish collection" with many vehicles in the condition they must have been in when in regular use and as I remember them on the road in my youth. so many other things from by-gone ages too!

Well worth an effort to visit!! It is on my agenda "to do" again.

Jim (no connection whatsoever with the Museum - just a fan).

By the way, there is/was a Model Bourton-in-the-Water Village behind the pub. The model pub has a model village, which has a pub with a model village which has .................. That's worth looking at too if it is still there.
gillberry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my daughter to Bourton on the water last year and yes the model village is still there and the motor museum , well for an 18 yr old to be fascinated it shows it's still good .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: