classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Another day out... Ford 103E Popular
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
bertie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Another day out... Ford 103E Popular Reply with quote

After dropping my son and girlfriend at Heathrow at half past silly this morning, and consequently going back to bed when getting back I thought the day was going to be written off. On waking, the sun was out Cool and rain had cleared away Very Happy so what better to fire up Bertie and have a drive round! I had a little spare time the other day to tidy up the rear number plate bulb holder and mounting Smile ...

...it`s got rid of the nasty red of the bulb cover Rolling Eyes and scuffy black of the mounting. I digress, Leo needed no persuading so Me, Judy (Angiebaby) and Leo set off. Our first port of call was Crackley Woods near Kenilworth, the remains of an ancient forest, a particular favourite of Leo`s and a lovely drive out...

We were lucky as the parking was easy today...

...we pulled in to find somewhere else to go... Confused

...and ended up in Kenilworth where of all road names, we came across this ( forgive the indulgence! Very Happy )...

...and here is Bertie in his road Laughing !

As I said, forgive the indulgence! But as usual time won, and we had a hot tired Leo on board so we went back to drop him off - I was grateful the Pop`s turning circle is extremely good as I nicked the last parking space...

...and went from the house to his garage where he`s awaiting his next outing Cool ! Finally, I mentioned in the last post that I was going to go to Meriden to the local sidevalve owners club meet at The Queens Head there, but torrential rain put paid to that Crying or Very sad . But, I`ve now entered in to The Coventry Run in september (formerly The Shakespeare Run) which includes a run out through Leamington, Warwick and Stratford...lets hope the weather is better! Thanks for reading, catch you soon.. Laughing
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always fun to read your reports, the more classics seen out n about the better!! Smile

R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Roger-hatchy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder how many of the tin boxes your parked near will be able to say the same when there that age.

And to have a Road named after you Very Happy Very Happy

Great
Roger
peter scott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car's looking great. Nice pics.

Peter
ianm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Bertie takes my mind back , my Sunday school teacher used to take me to church in a Bertie. She used to make the trip from Brisbane to Mitchell twice a year to see her relations who owned a property out there all dirt roads in those days (still dirt from St George to Mitchell) If you have Google Earth have a look it was quite a trip, black soil & red sand.

Ian Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: