classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Addressing some issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
bertie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Addressing some issues. Reply with quote

Hello again! Once more the weather has been poor Rolling Eyes and its been a while since I`ve had the opportunity to fire Bertie up Sad . But having an unexpected afternoon off, and the early winter sun was out I went to where he`s garaged and began to put right some rather troublesome faults! The last time I drove him turned out to be a catalogue of mini disasters Very Happy , ranging from kangaroo itis,wiper falling off ( again!!) front number plate falling off and breaking down... in front of a fire engine Rolling Eyes , which quite rightly had no time to stop and help push....I moved him double quick! Thumping the electric fuel pump did the trick Very Happy , number plate tied up and garaged again! So, to business. Number plate secured with proper bolts, spring and flat washers... fuel pump

...umm, embarrassing! Thirty four years as a mechanic should have taught me to earth an electrcal unit properly Embarassed ! The kangarooing I found out was due to slightly loose connections on the coil. The wiper survived its little leap into outer road ( was ran over a few times, but its a sturdy little thing Smile ) and I`m looking to secure it in a different but "in keeping" way. So, all immediate problems out of the way, time for a drive. This time, there were no problems whatsoever thankfully, and it was so good to get behind the wheel and bomb (well, sedately amble at a safe Bertie speed of 45 Laughing ) with drivers double taking and old guys/kids smiling...a sort of ego trip in reverse as I like to put it. A final polish...

...and a reluctant parting. On a different note, this arrived...

Made by Corgi, until it arrived I wasn`t sure if it was 1/76 scale, but I think its actually 1/44, and a really good replica, down to the single wiper, colour and interior Razz .

Thank you Angiebaby... x Parking doesnt present a problem either...

With the onset of winter imminent, this could be the last time for a while that he`s out and about, but another trip up to check antifreeze etc will be warranted no doubt. Thanks for reading, ttfn... Very Happy
Richard H

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good on you for getting Bertie out and about and actually using her even in this cold weather. The electric fuel pump should definitely make things easier in the cold weather, but who is that made by? I don't recognise it.

I look forward to more instalments of Bertie, but they will probably have to wait until next year's show season now I think Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: