classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Auto mascots
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories
old gto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Auto mascots Reply with quote

As promised in the introduction threads, here is a picture of a 1938 Triumph radiator cap. I collect caps and mascots from the 1920s and 1930s.
Anybody else have any old car badges, mascots, or emblems to show?

kaybee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GTO, how 'bout this then....

It was on the hood, sorry, bonnet of a '37 Willys we had last year. That pic is from the 1958 Mobilgas around Australia Trial, in which the car was a competitor. The car was stored since 1961 until we got it, still in running order and with all it's special trials bits n'pieces intact. The figure is about 9" tall and I believe is of English origin,

Cheers, KB
old gto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the original design was from a British 1919 Albert, the "Speed Nymph". Possibly by Lejeune. She has been duplicated by other makers, and offered as an "aftermarket accesory" for several models. She is quite popular!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: