classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Out to hold the traffic up again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
bertie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Out to hold the traffic up again! Reply with quote

Hi all, long time no post as the weather has been Godawful Sad . But finally a half decent day to bring Bertie out once more Very Happy !

The battery held up and he fired up without a problem, and with a lot of care I shoe-horned him out..the borrowed garage is getting a little congested Shocked ! He drove perfectly to my daughter`s house and I had the pleasure of dropping my grand daughter and friend into town in him..both of who thoroughly enjoyed his bouncy rear seats Laughing ! Back to mine, into muckies, cuppa - and to work!

Jacked up, I checked for any front wheel bearing and steering free play.. none. Good start! Very Happy

Lots of greasing..Front upper and lower trunnions..

Front springs..

Track rod ends..

Brake linkages..

Up with the rear..

Rear springs..

Now, front and rear brake adjusting..easy as all adjusters are free Very Happy !

Tyres - tread, condition and pressures all ok..

sidelights..

Rear, brake and number plate lights..

Front dip, head and spot lights..all ok Surprised

..and finally, teddy bear indicators.. The enforced lay up has done him no harm and it felt so good to drive him once more. Eventually I drove him back, amidst a few smiles and horn honking at people I saw pointing at him..All good and an ego boost in reverse as I say. A really nice surprise awaited me as i got to his loaned garage..

It had been all but cleared!

No more shoe-horning as Annie confirmed, her daughter had moved all her stuff to her now ready flat Very Happy So all in all, a really good day, and with his MoT looming next month, I dont think there is too much to lose sleep over.. Cool
Thanks for reading this drivel, I`ll be back soon to bore you all again.. take care.. Very Happy
Ironhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely looking car Very Happy nearly enough room to fit a 2nd classic in the garage now!
bertie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I love him..he`s not perfect by any means and I dont want him to be. Some classics are completely rebuilt and better than when they were first made, but I dont have many thousands of pounds to do that! But he`s just fine the way he is..and yes, good idea! What to get next.... Smile
Calum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely motor and in my favourite colour for them too!

I really do fancy a sit up and beg Ford one day. The E493 Prefects are lovely too, and that shade of "gas board green" as it is known really suits the cars.
I do however, REALLY like the long rad Model Ys....
Greg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you've got him out ready for another season of Sidevalveing Smile

I managed to get my Pop out a few times, last night for one,......went to see a friend about 8 miles away, left their house at 22:30.... only then realising which car I had used !.......back through the country lanes with 6 volts of almost Daylight illumination......................well,....not quite Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: