classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1951 2 door anglia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
prefect01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: 1951 2 door anglia Reply with quote

Here is another car i have Rolling Eyes Laughing its a rare 2 door 1951 anglia i was told by Mr ballard this is one of 10 known of this model my plans are to restore to a point so it can go on the road with my vintage number plates from the year this car was made Cool i plan to use a willment power maker on the motor with twin carbies and extractors to give the car more power on the road Wink

Razz
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty sound overall - A494A?

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Churchill Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the sunshine roof!!!!!!!!
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Churchill: thought that was for aerodynamics!! Embarassed

Paul
Kelsham

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Ford Anglia Reply with quote

When I owned an Anglia in the 1960s the last thing it required was more power. Better roadholding would seem a better priority if my memory serves me well.

Even then I considered my Anglia agricultural, must admit it was reliable, even if the failing battery meant the starting handle was a necessity in the mornings.

I eventually sold it when a Mk1 Consul came along.

I had to change a valve because of poor compression, foolishly I decided it was going to need an exhaust valve, and bought one from the Ford agent.

Upon dismanling it turned out to be the inlet valve. I had discovered the cause of the poor running with the use of my Dubletest compression tester.

High tech as far as I was concerned, sadly I spoilt the diagnosis with my impetuosity.

The Ford agent refused to exchange the valve and I ended up using it as a drift before throwing it away.

In common with many other old cars at the time it would leave a faint oil haze behind it from the exhaust.

Regards Kels.
Kelsham

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Ford Anglia Reply with quote

When I owned an Anglia in the 1960s the last thing it required was more power. Better roadholding would seem a better priority if my memory serves me well.

Even then I considered my Anglia agricultural, must admit it was reliable, even if the failing battery meant the starting handle was a necessity in the mornings.

I eventually sold it when a Mk1 Consul came along.

I had to change a valve because of poor compression, foolishly I decided it was going to need an exhaust valve, and bought one from the Ford agent.

Upon dismanling it turned out to be the inlet valve. I had discovered the cause of the poor running with the use of my Dubletest compression tester.

High tech as far as I was concerned, sadly I spoilt the diagnosis with my impetuosity.

The Ford agent refused to exchange the valve and I ended up using it as a drift before throwing it away.

In common with many other old cars at the time it would leave a faint oil haze behind it from the exhaust.

Regards Kels.
Jim.Walker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely I do not remember anything other than two door Anglias (and Pops.). Prefects yes, but not Anglias.
Jim.
emmerson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim.Walker wrote:
Strangely I do not remember anything other than two door Anglias (and Pops.). Prefects yes, but not Anglias.
Jim.

I'm with you Jim. All Anglias were two door, and Prefects four door. My Dad had both as consectutive company cars in the very early fifties.The Prefect came with promotion. and a year later the super luxury of a new Volkswagen! He was told on collection that the three VWs the company bought were in the first batch of official imports after the war. I think this was in 1953/4, perhaps?
prefect01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys everyone my car has a heap of rust in the car as it was down to the doors in mud/dirt for 3 years with a stack of hay bales on top after the stack fell on the car Shocked so i guess he lives to see another day Laughing

They did make 2door prefects in 1938 to 1940 model number were E93A 2 doors there rear side windows roll down like a 7W 2door Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: