classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

My 1935 ford model C sedan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
prefect01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: My 1935 ford model C sedan Reply with quote

Hi again this is my fully restored 1935 ford model C sedan its the only one on the road in australia its a low number car too and we just got another model C to restore Razz

Hope you all like her
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful little car, probably my favourite of all the sv cars Cool

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
prefect01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yes she is a great old girl she can keep up with 100e prefects too Laughing
British heritage cars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1935 ford model C sedan Reply with quote

prefect01 wrote:
Hi again this is my fully restored 1935 ford model C sedan its the only one on the road in australia its a low number car too and we just got another model C to restore Razz

Hope you all like her

Wauw, what a Fantastic Car, Do you have pictures from the restoration?

kind regards,
Jonathan
victor 101

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely car,but I am intrigued by the straps, are they for reclining the seat back?
prefect01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops sorry i posted this topic in the wrong area Embarassed we got this car half restored all the paint seats motor door trims were done when we got the car so we had to fix the lights tyres brakes shocks etc there was still a bit to do and i don't have photos when i was working on it as we were in a rush to get club permit for our National small ford Rally.

As for the straps you are right they hold the seat up for driving and lays flat when down is a bed for camping and you open the boot to get more leg room its a very cool car Laughing

prefect01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A photo from the Australian National small ford rally march/april 2011 the rally was ok Rolling Eyes for me it was hell Mad Laughing she kept breaking down as she only had a her club permit the day before we left so we never got to test the car on the road.

Day 1: we were told off for speeding by our club we were doing 98mph trying to keep up with 100E prefects and as we then found out we went the wrong way and made it to the place before the rest of the club the 98mph killed the speedo and we had to disconnect it on the side of the road......then we hit the skids and got the car side ways after a stupid kid on a bike pulled out infront of us Shocked we missed his rear wheel by inches which then damaged the left rear brake drum as the brake keeps locking as we drive **This problem is still being fixed **

Day 2: after still being shaken from the day before we didn't go with our club we stayed at the motel and i tryed to fix the car which failed

Day 3: took our modern car on a run gave up on the ford
Laughing

Day 4: we headed off in the ford to a club run to find we ran out of fuel 2 feet of where the car was parked all night i had 3 running trips to get fuel in a fuel can we then head off to a steam train ride and then to a sunken oval for a photoshoot after that we head off bound for our motel with an anglia tourer behind who then almost rear ended us after a driveway was full of cars as we turned in at that stage we had it we didn't want to drive the car there again so we took our modern Laughing

Also saw friends there on the day of the train ride but i was such a zombie i can't even remember talking to them i was so out of it thinking on how to get the car to start and move as we then had starting problems too Rolling Eyes
Thats my small report on what this car has done over the last few months Wink These photos were taken by our club as i might have thrown my camera at my car Laughing Laughing Laughing
prefect01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my other model C in storage waiting to be restored she will get her own topic later.

***Photos removed i need the space in photobucket Laughing

Last edited by prefect01 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an interesting barn Smile

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
prefect01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheheeh Laughing yes it has some austin's and some other fords i can't say much lol as i might be going back Embarassed Laughing
bertie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous!
prefect01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all i have been very busy and well Embarassed i come home with a ford popular ute look for the topic in the trucks and pick up's forum in 24hrs Embarassed
prefect01

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all i am in need of your help i have been contacted by someone here in australia saying they have a model C van Shocked i have never seen one yet i was told there are some in the UK has anyone got photos of a model C van i was told this van is a bit of body chassis motor etc there is not much to look at yet Shocked HELP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: