classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Couple of steam pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Penman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Couple of steam pictures Reply with quote

Hi
Found this photo from about 35yrs ago plus a threshing scene post card.

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The first engine is a Burrell General Purpose Traction Engine, named Triumph, she was made in 1921 and her number is 3917. I think she Resides in a Green colour now, owned by N J Greenaway Agricultural Contractors

I am unsure on the Second, as I can't see it well enough here, will look again later!

Cheers

Dave

P.S... Did you ever post any pics/video of the Boxing Day do?
Penman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
There are some pics on page 3 of the Barlow thread.
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6165&start=30
Still haven't managed to splice the steam vids together yet, so might just have to put them on Photobucket as separate clips.

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
Churchill Johnson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That second photo brings back some memories as i went with my dad when i was about 8-9, and he sacked up on the back, i changed over and hooked on the sacks for him, that for him was hard work as it was piece time work and the wheat sacks were 2, 1/2 cwt each, so it was a case of him unhooking then knee the sacks on the scales, i would then take some out or top up then tie the top he then took it off and onto a sack barrow turned the handle at the side to lift it up to shoulder high then up the steps into the barn, by this time there was another sack ready and this was all day,i know what its like to carry these having done so when in my early twenty's on a farm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: