classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1933 morris 10-4 brake light switch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
mid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: 1933 morris 10-4 brake light switch Reply with quote

hi all,

i'm after a bit of info... my brake lights stopped working on the Morris a while back, its a hydraulic type switch. i've mocked up a mechanical one running off the pedal to save having to mess with the hydraulics and this has worked perfectly for a year or so. now i find myself in the situation where i need to replace the flexy hoses and rebuild the master cylinder, so while its all apart i'll fit a new switch and get it all back together properly.

can anyone tell me which switch i need? there seems to be a million different lucas varients and none of the listings seem to go that far back.

thanks in advance.
Timstopp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long ago I had a similar issue on my 34 wolseley. I took the existing switch off, went to my local car shop and he got out his box of switches - turned out to be a 10mm thread and a VW switch fitted the bill admirably. Essentially as long as it is designed for a braking system and has the correct thread, it will work fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: