classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Austin Princess Van den Plas Limousine DM 4 1962
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
British heritage cars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Austin Princess Van den Plas Limousine DM 4 1962 Reply with quote

Hallo Folks

I have a problem with the gearbox from the Austin Princess limousine.
If the engine does'nt turn I can go in all the gears, but if I drive I can't get further than second gear...

Anyone sugestions?

Kind regards,
Jonathan
47Jag

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan,

It sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging properly. With the engine running is it easy to select 1st gear, IE no crunching? While holding the clutch pedal down does it creep forward? Is the clutch hydraulic or mechanical?

Art
Churchill Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say you cannot get further than second gear, will the lever come out of second but not engage third or fourth,also can you engage all gear's with the engine running but car not moving, if so have you tried engaging third gear and gently slip clutch to get moving then change into fourth if it will not do this i would think gearbox, as it should be possible to to engage second,third,and fourth gear without using the clutch, it may be a synchro going faulty,try these thing's first then come back on here with the result's.
British heritage cars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Churchill Johnson wrote:
You say you cannot get further than second gear, will the lever come out of second but not engage third or fourth,also can you engage all gear's with the engine running but car not moving, if so have you tried engaging third gear and gently slip clutch to get moving then change into fourth if it will not do this i would think gearbox, as it should be possible to to engage second,third,and fourth gear without using the clutch, it may be a synchro going faulty,try these thing's first then come back on here with the result's.

Thanks Wink It's not my car and it's not in my back garden Crying or Very sad My friend owns it so I'll give him your tips, and will tell you what happend!
Thansk Allot!

kind regards,
Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: