classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Ford Pop 103E Recommended Ignition leads?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
drdean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Ford Pop 103E Recommended Ignition leads? Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Can anyone recommend a supplier of complete ignition lead sets for a Ford Pop E93A (103E). I recently bought some copper core HT cable and screw in plug caps (suppressed) from 'vehicle wiring products' but the caps were absolute crap and fell apart after putting them on and off a couple of times. I'd really like moulded straight connected spark plug caps as a pre-made set with push in connectors at the distributor end.
Cheers
Dean
Greg

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Have you tried this company?

http://www.smallfordspares.co.uk/

All the best,
Greg
drdean

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have tried this company. They do not sell complete lead sets for the E93A only part leads without end and separate connectors that you put on yourself. I was hoping for a complete ready-wired set of copper cored leads.

On a separate note, can anyone recommend a lubricant or substance to aid conductivity. I've been told that people used to put vaseline on battery terminals. Does this actually help the conductivity or just prevent corrosion? Does vaseline conduct?

For example does anyone else smear their plug lead terminals with anything to help the electrical connection between lead end and distributor or between HT lead and coil?

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Dean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: