classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Any Ford Cortina MK 2 1600 E Owners Out there.?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Any Ford Cortina MK 2 1600 E Owners Out there.? Reply with quote

Hello,
Are there any Ford Cortina MK 2 1600 E owners out there.? I have just aquired one.
Not driven one since I was an old boy...still performs well in modern traffic,but to think they were the bees knees in there day...family euro boxes are quicker nowadays...I found this out this evening whilst going for a drive on mixed roads.

Gresham Flyer
62rebel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many more years ago than i care to say, i briefly owned a mk2 GT which i sorely miss.
modern econoboxes may be quicker... but i'll wager the mk2 can be more readily fixed should a breakdown occur, and won't require the frequent replacement of expensive sensors..... not having anything remotely more complicated than it's radio.
so, whilst modern driver is waiting for the dealer to replace yet another O2 sensor, or an ECM, or another packed up window motor, the mk2 cheerfully hums along doing without such nonsense.
diddelyo

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Ford Cortina MK 2 1600 E Owners Out there.? Reply with quote

gresham flyer wrote:
Hello,
Are there any Ford Cortina MK 2 1600 E owners out there.? I have just aquired one.
Not driven one since I was an old boy...still performs well in modern traffic,but to think they were the bees knees in there day...family euro boxes are quicker nowadays...I found this out this evening whilst going for a drive on mixed roads.

Gresham Flyer
hi gresham flyer , im hopeing to buy a 1600e in the next few months , any suggestions what i should look out for before buying , they are very scaarce over here so not a lot to choose from ?
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky with this car. It has had only one owner from new.
The paintwork is original.(needs a respray to make perfect).
The sill has a patch on it,but if I respray the car that will be attended too.

But most importantly the bodywork is rust free. The interior is like new.
It has been well cared for and not messed about with.
It passed its Mot with no advisories.
You may have to look over here in the UK for a nice example.
What amount can you go up too.?
There is one advertised locally here for about £5,000.

Gresham Flyer
alan 869

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has come up for sale over here. 2 door 1600E. 1969. Been off the road for over 10 years. Sorely tempted. Very few 2 door models were made. I believe only for the Swedish market.....

[img][/img]

Nice gold colour Very Happy
Scotty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still love the 'three box' design, especially the Ford Cortina and the 1600E remains the dogs danglies in my book. Cool

Good score gf. Very Happy
RotaryBri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan 869 wrote:
This has come up for sale over here. 2 door 1600E. 1969. Been off the road for over 10 years. Sorely tempted. Very few 2 door models were made. I believe only for the Swedish market.....

[img][/img]

Nice gold colour Very Happy

When I worked for one particular company I had a Ford Corsair 2000 but the next level of management could have the Cortina 1600E. Oh how I envied those lucky people.

Go on Alan buy it, you know you really want it. It would make a change from the Volvos.

RotaryBri

1976 NSU Ro80
alan 869

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many cars mate. It probably needs a full renovation and that´s not on for me really. Would have been nice as I enjoyed owning the one I had in 74 Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: