classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

RAF Coningsbury
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Historic Aviation
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: RAF Coningsbury Reply with quote

Hi

The memorial flight of the Lancaster takes place today, after a nut and bolt restoration.

3 months being it's expected lifespan during the war, but it is still with us!

Should be good to see the news tonight!

I am not really interested in planes, but I do like Lancasters, and Spitfires, purely because they are the aircraft I made first out of my airfix kits!

Cheers

Dave
PACresta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Lancaster Reply with quote

Yes Dave i love to see the Lancaster, Spitfire etc. I live not too far from Conningsby and often get to see the old gal flying. They have a good display at East Kirkby too (just up the road) with the Lancaster "June Jane" doing taxi runs. You can pay to get on board for for a fee, i paid £60 a few years back, great experience to be on board with the Merlins roaring away. Very Happy
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA, is that Lancaster still doing the taxi runs? I did see it on the net a while ago, but lost the link.

I'd love to try it sometime when I am over.....dont Merlins sound great?

UJ
PACresta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Lanc Reply with quote

Yes they have moved further on with it now apparently, they have it doing fast taxi runs on the airstrip they have. Now that would be something Very Happy

The link is: http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Historic Aviation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: