classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Any Humber Hawk Owners Out there.?Or info required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Any Humber Hawk Owners Out there.?Or info required. Reply with quote

By accident I have come across a Humber Hawk circu 1961.
Quite like the car but do I really need another vehicle.?

I have never owned one and have not bothered in the past to swot up on them.
Having seen some very good examples at shows this year i have started to pay attention to their features,and quite like them as a large car.

When in good condition they look a very quality car,similar to say the Rover P4,Rover P5,Jaguar ,etc but when down at heal a very expensive money pit to put right.
Values do not seem very high for such a quality vehicle if you go by the magazine price guides.

Gresham Flyer
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across a Humber Imperial a couple of years ago in a local barn. It had all the usual filled areas (front arches etc), and the prop had been removed due to it being towed following a gearbox fault. The interior was great and it could be a super car, but the extent of work required put me off. It may still be there. Alas the dusty Alfa that was stored alongside wasn't up for grabs Sad

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
colwyn500

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine has one in his garage that hasn't moved for about twenty years. He bought it because of memories of his Dad having one in the 70's; his dad was the Music Teacher and he sometimes gave me a lift home from school in it...fab! He recently sent me a current photo of the beast and it looks really sad. I think they were of the era that was always rust-prone and you needed a huge garage to protect them. My mate's car WAS in a garage but has still rusted away.

I expect that there are some brilliant, cosseted, low-mileage examples out there...it's that kind of car. There will probably be loads more lurking in corners in appaling condition. I would definitely hold out for the former type because, as you say, they are probably proportionately, relatively undervalued.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: