classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Stumbled Across A Ford Anglia And Ended Up Buying It.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As can be seen the wheel arches are totally rust free and original.

The bubbles are water after I washed it.
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bodyshell looks more like a Californian import than one that has lived in the North East of England.

You just cannot beat an original rust free bodyshell to work with.

Even after you have thrown thousands of pounds on a total rebuild of a rotten shell,or a professional restorer has replaced nearly every panel on a car,they still have to apply Bondo to shape everything into place,and you just cannot replicate those spot welded panels or that untouched look.

If you wanted to give a car the concourse look i.e painted underside,detailed engine bay,original interior and super flat paintwork....I would start with this car.

Gresham Flyer
alan 869

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original lack. That nice pastel green. Chrome bits instead of the 80s black. Original wheels with hubcaps. My first car was a 105E from 61. Nice little thing really. Great little shopper. Well done!
Scotty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The body is in amazing condition, especially the underside from what I can see. I'm in total agreement with you as I found all of them I've worked on over the years had gone completely crunchy in a relatively short time from new.

Got yourself a winner there gf, I'm sure you'll enjoy nursing it back to an excellent condition. Cool
clan chieftain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a lovely wee Anglia in original condition. I bought my estate off ebay but had I went to see it first I wouldnt have bought it even though they are getting rare now. Ebay photos are very deceiving. I could have left it there but it would have been awkward getting home so I decided to take it. Glad now I did. Good luck with the Anglia................Larry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: