classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Petrol theft by syphoning.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not only petrol being pinched, my last delivery of heating oil the driver advised that I sit on top of the tank with a shotgun Shocked
Jim.Walker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

62rebel wrote:
locks only stop the honest, it's been said.....

it's a sad statement of affairs. you have to look at the bright side of this, i think... at least petrol is all they're taking. and your peace of mind.

i had a chap across the street from me relieving my Lincoln of fuel every so often.... one bright Saturday morning i went through the elaborate motions of rigging up a shotgun trap, making sure he saw me (he was basking on his parent's porch like a coondog) while my wife was watching HIM from inside our house.... (BTW; i live in the US, and the trap was non--functional as well as the shotgun not being loaded).... as i finished up the rig, my wife says the chap got up, kicked his chair into the yard and went in his house. successful outcome and trap dismantled that evening....

this was, of course, nearly thirty years ago, when i was in the Navy..

Nice remedy! But just setting up a fake shotgun etc. would probably get you locked up in this Country!
It's a serious crime just to wave a toy gun around in a threatening manner here.
Jim.
62rebel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it was a good while back.... and i did dismantle it fairly quickly.

come to think of it, i had just moved into this area on transfer and had been in the habit of wearing my revolver at all times.... a local plod advised me to remove it in my neighborhood. he "appreciated" my sense of duty and service to the community, but told me to keep it in the house and out of sight.

these days, i just don't know what to think of thieves. nothing short of a fortress will keep them at bay, yet resorting to physical violence is not going to solve anything in our favor. in most cases, it will even serve to support their behaviour. quandary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: