classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

How can i add indicators with Hazard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
fordf350camper

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: How can i add indicators with Hazard Reply with quote

Whats the best way to wire up indicators with hazard lights.At the moment i only have trafficator but still would like them to work but seprate.Do you have a wiring daigram.Thanks
traction39

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look here:
http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/file_uploads/aes_catalogue_5.pdf
The AES catalogue has many combinations of wiring for hazards, semaphores extra lights etc.. page 90 onwards of downloaded file.
Alistair
oldtimer

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: hazard lights Reply with quote

The way I did this gave me hazards for emergency use.If you have a socket for trailer lighting fitted to your car.Simply identify,with a test light,which pins are for left and right indicators then get a plug to fit this socket.Take short lengths of wire from the pins which will mate with these indicators.Join them together and fit to a spade terminal .Use a small flasher relay and connect the spade to this .The other earth pin on the relay was connected to the appropriate pin on the plug,
With the ignition switch but without starting the car the indicator switch will activate the hazards.
Now a warning this device cannot be left permanently in place and is only plugged in temporarily in a genuine emergency.Secondly the coil should be disconnected during use to protect it from damage.Just keep the thing handy in the glove compartment and plug it in if/when needed
47Jag

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to page 86 of Alistair's catalogue. There's a kit there for £15.00. It's for 12 volt only though. Item No. 170902.

Art
peter scott

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traction39 wrote:

The AES catalogue has many combinations of wiring for hazards, semaphores extra lights etc

Conjures up an image of old cars with both trafficators flapping like a penguin!

Peter Laughing
1stpop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added indicators to my Morris 8 and then just added an extra switch that connects both sides together - switch on indicator and lick the switch for hazards - can supply a simple diagram if you like?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: