classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Spare dizzy ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
Bob T

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Spare dizzy ? Reply with quote

Does anyone have an unwanted spare dizzy to fit a series 1 Morris 8. It is a Lucas DK 4A type, Model A53.
I really only need one with a decent base plate ,it does not matter if the body is damaged or the bob weights seized etc.
I want to put electronic ignition on the car. I have found someone who can do the job but they need to set it up on the dizzy, and mine is seized in the head !!!

Cheers
Bob
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob

I have some SE dizzys but they are different, if you are in the Morris Register it would be worth a post on the 8MVS mail forum, someone will have one, there wa also a whole load of advice recently on removing stuburn dizzys from heads.

Dave
Bob T

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
I am a member of the Morris Register. I have just been on the site looking for info re 'stubborn dizzys' but can't find anything, where do you think you saw it?
Cheers
Bob
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob

You need to register for the "8mvs" mail group there will be a link on the Morris register site, the forum is struggling to get going as most members prefer the mail group!

Cheers Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: