classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

New classics for me..... Metro & MX5
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
xtriple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours has got the low filler, however, with the price of petrol these days there's no chance of it ever being full enough to slosh out of the car Embarassed

Been out and scraped all that underseal crap off the Mazda and washed it down with white spirit and then brake cleaner. The dearly beloved got to spend a little time doing her favourite hobby - sanding! Seriously, she adores sanding and is bloody good at it to boot. So if anyone needs some bodywork doing, you know where to come....

Received the bits for the Mighty Metro today (no bumper end cap though) so fitted the new key ring Laughing and the new pedal rubbers and the blanking cap for the window winder I got at Powderham.

Then spent a happy hour or so re-spraying the inside of the heater airbox as it had gone a bit discoloured over the years... and it bugged me when the bonnet was shut. Also re-glued the "A+" badge on the engine and touched up a few little brackets.

Absolutely torn by this little car: Really want to use it but don't want to wrack up the miles or damage it. In fact I was thinking of zeroing the speedo and getting people to guess the mileage as it looks a lot lower than it really is. I'd guess low 20Ks but it's really done 63024 and we've done a whole 31 miles in it!

We always take the dog with us and I don't want Phoebe (Feebles) to damage the already fragile looking upholstery - anyone got any ideas where to get original seat trim (covers but original ones) from? Also a left hand front bumper end would be nice as well as the bloke refunded me the money just now.
Ellis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]

Found it !

This is a photo taken on or around the 1st November 1989 when the Metro Advantage was delivered. It was a gloomy and dank day if I recall.
The Metro Advantage was a special edition model based on the MG 1300 but with a standard 1300cc(1275) engine. There was a pop up sunroof, no rev counter, a radio cassette and those unique white alloys.
I think that there were only three colours : the pearlescent red you see here, a pearlescent green and a black. There may well have been others and if anybody can remember which ones then please tell.
[/img]

1964 Jaguar Mark 2 3.4 litre
1962 Land Rover Series 2a 88"
2002 BMW M3 E46 Cabriolet
xtriple

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, that's a posh one! Laughing .

Very nice indeed.
xtriple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab266/tow_/25/P7240637.jpg

Oh dear, just bought another one from the old boy over the road - a Rover 114GSI on a "P" with just 42000 miles from new (and a new engine at 10000 miles) with one original owner from new.

Bought it for my daughter who's birthday it is in September. Unfortunately, I misjudged my memory and she's gonna be 16 not 17 this year! I am such a berk Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: