classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Vauxhall 20/60 brakes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Vauxhall 20/60 brakes Reply with quote

My 1928 Vauxhall was in need of brakes adjustment, now thus far all of the trials and tribulations with the Vauxhall have been due to a lack of use by the previous owner. He managed 300 miles in the twenty year ownership period Shocked
So consulting my maintenance manual it looked like it would be a very simple job, jack up each wheel in turn and turn adjuster until brake linings rub on drum, then slacken adjuster one click. What could be easier I thought the only possible problem would be if the adjuster mechanism has seized. To my astonishment and delight all four adjusters worked like a dream, don't you just love it when maintenance goes smoothly Very Happy
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do sometimes wonder how far we have advanced with the modern "tin" (plastic too!) cars in the 21stC

They take up more road space have less interior space cost more and cost more to repair if it worth it in the first place.

Classics any time for me - when I am past it I will take the bus rather than buy modern
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, my old car is 83 years old and still going well and stopping Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: