classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Willment powermaker for ford 10hp motor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
prefect01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Willment powermaker for ford 10hp motor Reply with quote

Hi all i am having a willment powermaker made by a family friend has anyone got the Spec's on size of bolts valves etc i can't find anything in my book or on the net all i need are the spec's on the powermaker so i can get a copy made Razz to use on my 2 door anglia and i have a prefect sedan getting Aquaplane gear put on soon and i want to see how much power each can put out Twisted Evil Razz Thanks
ka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Willment Reply with quote

I know this is an old post, but do you mean the overhead inlet valve conversion, or alternatively, what is a powermaker`?
As for the Aquaplane, good inlet manifolds to run either downdraft solex, or twi SU,s, good manifold, head not worth the effort as a good 8hp head has the same effect, (although with the Aquaplane head being aluminium it is easy to machine). I have a 8hp head -40thou, that gives good compression.
More information if required......
prefect01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yes it is the overhead inlet valve conversion and the name of it is willment powermaker it looks like this when on the motor ***Note its off the net and not the best pic ***

I have been told there hard to find so i am going to make one and i am also going to try the 8hp head on another motor in another prefect see which car is better Rolling Eyes
ka

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: OHIV Reply with quote

There is an alternative to this, the Wilment head can be fitted with twin carbs, or alternatively there is another period manufacturer of OHiV heads, the name escapes me at the moment, but I will research and post the name. I have a colleague who runs this head on his 100e motor, produces closer to 70bhp, on a Morgan it goes quite well!
I can get more details if required.
Geoffp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: OHIV Reply with quote

ka wrote:
There is an alternative to this, the Wilment head can be fitted with twin carbs, or alternatively there is another period manufacturer of OHiV heads, the name escapes me at the moment, but I will research and post the name. I have a colleague who runs this head on his 100e motor, produces closer to 70bhp, on a Morgan it goes quite well!
I can get more details if required.

Could it be Aquaplane? They did an alloy head but I think that it was still side valve and they also did a twin SU conversion. I believe that you could also get the full conversion for a Morgan 4/4.

Geoff
ka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: OHiV Reply with quote

Either inspiration, or the normal achohol consumption following Hogmanay has helped the grey matter. The other OHiV conversion available was the
Elva, which was similar in principle to the Wilment, but as I understand there needs to be machining to the pistons for the valves. Besides the power increase from the OH valve arrangement, the heads also have rocker arms longer on the valve side, so in effect they have a higher inlet valve ratio to standard, giving a higher lift.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: