classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1938 Anglia special number 355 from FORD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
prefect01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: 1938 Anglia special number 355 from FORD Reply with quote

Hi all this is my 1938 anglia E04A special this car has had a huge trip to come home 7000klm 10 day drive to pick up and come home its a very rare sports tourer that is a special build for the owner it has a 10hp motor on the 8hp chassis and 1935 ford model C diff and front end this is how the car was built from new it has not had work done as the car was left out in a paddock from 1943 until found in the 90s and stored as is until the last owner got it to hot rod but then found out how rare it is then he didn't want to touch it Laughing so i saved her with the help of mum driving 7000klm Laughing

*Note* the wheels were just to get the car rolling the rear wheels have model C hubs and the front hubs are from a later prefect on a model C front end and model C brakes i still have the front hubs to put back on

Having a rest

I have more photos of this car will update soon
prefect01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb! .... What a lovely project, it's nice to hear the previous owner recognised the rarity of it and decided not to 'Hot- Rod ' it.
Great pictures, best of luck with the restoration & keep us updated on the progress.
All the best,
Greg
Penman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Have you seen the pics in:
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9209

Just wondered how different the 2 red convertibles are to yours, but the owners might have knowledge to help you restore yours

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
prefect01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i have Wink Very Happy my dads car is the orange one and i am a member of that club but this is the only car of the E04A models in our club but even then its started fights in our club as the car body numbers are not stamped the right way but its been done by ford the body number on the fire wall reads : E04A 355 thats it Laughing it has my club in a spin but i was told they had leftover cars that were not stamped when the war started and to move the cars out they let any buys upgrade there ford bodys to how they wanted the car and back then sales were hard to get so they had to move these cars out so this car had wire wheels and a 10hp model C motor but this body has all 3 types of bonnet catches etc so you can pick a prefect bonnet and put on the car etc the club has never seen a car like this at first i said it must have been a test car to test all the new fronts on but my club said if that was the case it should be a lower number car like e04a 01 so we don't know anymore Laughing the body of the car should look like this but with wire wheels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: