classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Ford Pop 103E Sidevalve: Electronic Ignition Advice Request!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
Mello

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Ford Pop 103E Sidevalve: Electronic Ignition Advice Request! Reply with quote

Hi All,

I want to install electronic ignition into my 103E Pop, which has been converted to 12V and negative earth.

My question is, what are the most popular suppliers/solutions for this? I don't have access to Practical Classic mag or similar as I live in France...

All suggestions gratefully accepted.
Very Happy
JohnDale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mello, Google ' simonbbc ' & then use his contact to email him - he may be able to help & he sells on-line/mail order,cheers,JD
Mello

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Powerspark electronic ignition kit now fitted... Reply with quote

Wow! It's been a while but I thought I'd post an update.

My 103e now has the electronic kit supplied by Simonbbc, and to say it has transformed the performance is an understatement! The car literally has around 20% more top-end power and idles smoothly. To fit the kit took about 1/2 hr.

Also Simon was very helpful in getting the right solution installed and there was some to-ing and fro-ing with various bits going back and forth across the channel (I live in France).

I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: