classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Grim reaper tries to scupper garage projects
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had an implanted spinal cord stimulator for almost 3 years and was given dire warnings about going near magnetic/electric fields from such devices even those anti shoplifting devices especially when my stim switched on.

Never had problems using my 150 Mig the Plasma cutter and 3 HP compressor at all though it does sometimes activate airline security devices.

Good luck and try it a step at a time you will quickly fiind out any side-effects.

Note getting close to live HT ignition systems is more dangerous with or without these things
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Mog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a small stroke, the neurologist said I should cease drinking, walk 1/2 hour per day, loose 5 kg. in weight . I am lucky that I was deaf that day....

P.S. The red wine tastes good after working for the boss, 7.5 hours...
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a healths scare a few months back,at one time I thought I was on the way out.
I was given a reprieve and though slower can still grovel about under cars although as ever the reason why is still often a mystery.
I've a mate who had a pacemaker fitted some time ago,as a previous poster suggests he carries on welding with an oxy actelene set up and uses mainly air tools. He says he feels better than he has done in years,I sincerely hope you can echo his sentiments in years to come.
andycars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you discussed your concerns with your surgeon? I had a pacemaker fitted in June 2010. I had a chat with the surgeon about the MIG welding and he suggested I try welding before first check-up, making a note of the time, date, etc. Did this and all was OK - the PM was unaffected by the electromagnetic field from my Clarke 120E on full power.
Andrew
52classic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must confess that I read the OP waiting for a punchline!

Great to hear you're OK though. My thoughts are with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: