classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

I am new Member - SAAB 96 in Kenya ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Sanpad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: I am new Member - SAAB 96 in Kenya ? Reply with quote

Dear fellow members,

I am a new member and a true fan of the SAAB 96 which were built from 1960 to 1980. I have searched for SAAB 96s (and 95s) all over sub-Saharan Africa and so far located quite a number in South Africa and one in Zimbabwe. In Kenya where I live, I have not discovered any SAABs and their owners so far. Hence, anyone who can guide me further in the direction of SAABs in Kenya and East-Africa in general kindly get in touch.

Nb. I have many of the factory workshop repair and service manuals for the SAAB 95, 95, Sport, and tools to work on the car but not yet obtained a SAAB 96 in Nairobi (and importing a car - older than 8 years in not allowed in Kenya)

If you can possibly help, kindly get in touch

Sanpad
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi & welcome inhere Smile

Jens Christian
john-saab

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.
My 1st 2 stroke came from Nairobi..it was sold through the Standard Triumph dealers in 1962. The 2nd owner was in the RAF and had it transported back to the UK.. It was used in the UK for 10 years then put into storage. It now belongs to a friend and he has the original papers including registration details.
Tough cars but i'm guessing few have lasted over the years?
Do you have any pictures of the cars you have seen in Africa?
wkennerley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a photo of what I assume is a SAAB 96 in Zimbabwe, is this the one you know Sanpad?

http://www.classiccarsinrhodesia.co.za/Makes/Saab.html

John-saab - Might it be possible to get details and a photo of the Saab you had ex Kenya please, I would like to add it to my Kenya pages

Thanks Wayne
john-saab

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkennerley wrote:
I have a photo of what I assume is a SAAB 96 in Zimbabwe, is this the one you know Sanpad?

http://www.classiccarsinrhodesia.co.za/Makes/Saab.html

John-saab - Might it be possible to get details and a photo of the Saab you had ex Kenya please, I would like to add it to my Kenya pages

Thanks Wayne

Hi Wayne. Here is a link to the cars resto page. (I hope that is ok with admin?)
http://popularclassics.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=1510
I will pass on your request for more info to it's new owner as he has the original paperwork with import info etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: