classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

65 mustang
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
rjt10/4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: 65 mustang Reply with quote

hello i have just purchased a 1965 ford Mustang 2 door coupe for my wifes xmas prezzie its a left hooker so strange to drive at first but such fun anyone else have a mustang? if so any special problems i should lookout forwill post some pics shortly
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Mustang, but I have several friends who do. Generally they are good reliable cars, most of the problems seem to come from badly done mods. All parts are readily available and the prices are usually less than you would pay for parts for a big British or European car
47Jag

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a 6 or an 8 cylinder? The sixes are prone to valve seal problems causing plug fouling. Ford's fix was to fit extended tip sparkplugs!! The only other problem that I can recall is the upper trunnions on the front suspension can creak. Originally they had a plug instead of a grease nipple. We used to cut a hole in the tower and fit grease nipples.

I hope your wife enjoys the car.

Art
rjt10/4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info its a straight 6 and runs like a dream so far just wanted to be aware of any probs i may encounter
rjt10/4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick update the mustang is off the road till jan and is booked in for a service and tune up as started running lumpy at low speeds suspect idle valve or possibly float here are the promised photos
http://s1355.beta.photobucket.com/user/richard_taylor2/media/002-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8
http://s1355.beta.photobucket.com/user/richard_taylor2/media/001-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q704/richard_taylor2/th_003-1.jpg
ClassicCar99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She looks a beauty. You must feel like an old American film star driving that! Good luck with the Ford service and mot in the future Laughing
rjt10/4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

further news on my mustang following a breakdown have replaced battery coil points and condenser now running as it should but have since taken the decision to sell her to help fund restoration/repairs to my armstong siddeley,s if anyone is interested pm me or ring me on 01579 362361

SplodgesDad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tempt me like that!!!!!

What a beauty!
Seaneylad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Smart! love an old Mustang!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: