classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1969 Fiat 500F Restoration Resolution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
kevin2306

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to love a bit of underfloor heating!
Who supplied the house timber frame kit?

Kev
colwyn500

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hebrideanhomes.com/lh402mki.html

I have drifted this way off topic Kev, and I shouldn't advertise the company as they weren't the best to deal with. However, the design is good, It's a SIPs construction and you find it at that webpage
kevin2306

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colwyn500 wrote:
http://www.hebrideanhomes.com/lh402mki.html

I have drifted this way off topic Kev, and I shouldn't advertise the company as they weren't the best to deal with. However, the design is good, It's a SIPs construction and you find it at that webpage

yes you have, pull both yourself and your thread together..lol

Kev Very Happy
colwyn500

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose, being my thread, I can discuss whatever I want, but there are some real thread control freaks about from time to time. Laughing
Just off to search the garage for the third timd. I secreted the washer jets somewhere safe a few months ago. Now I find they cost about a tenner each..they are also fitted to the Ferrari Dino!
I bought some cheap plastic ones as a stop gap and have lost one of those already! Evil or Very Mad
vitesse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter I suffer from loosing things that I had in my hand 5 minutes ago as I get older.

Those new washer jets are really poorly made as well and I mean really bad. I know it is one of your major bugbears so I definately would try and find the old ones. I had to take the new bodies and use all the bits that make the water squirt in the right direction off the old ones. Then it took me ages to workout which direction to mount them on the car, I had water squirting out all over the place.

Tony
colwyn500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were those washer jets the expensive chrome ones Tony?
My searches have resulted in me finding the two other important items that I had hidden so well that I had forgotten where Rolling Eyes
The old logbook which should help me in getting the car registered and the original chassis plate which authenticates it a bit easier than trying to see the stamped number on the bulkhead.
BRA_7885 by peterthompson, on Flickr
The car has never been registered with a V5 and there is only one name on the green logbook. There is an extra aluminium plate beneath the standard one with a BS. number...nice to know that the car complies with all safety requirements of British Standards. Wink
kevin2306

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will you mot and tax it off the chassis number

Kevin
colwyn500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even sure of the protocol Kev, but was told 5 years ago, to come back to the licencing office (no longer there) once I had an MOT. So I guess I just book an MOT and try.
kevin2306

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive done unregistered motorcycles before now and they were always done with the chassis number.

Kev
D4B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my French imported van had to be MOT'd on the chassis number, then present the MOT, insurance and proof of age document (this came from Peugeot in France in the end) and once they are happy they issue an age related registration doc and road tax.

But how come you have to go through all that when you already have a UK Reg number?
vitesse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mine are the chrome ones Peter I bought them from Axel Gerstl, they are pretty poor I don't know how they managed to make them so poor considering the engineering they had to employ to make them.

On registering the car I found them really helpful when I rang the DVLA but they were aware of my car and just had to send me a V5c. With your car they probably would want it MOT'd first, as you said, so that somebody can confirm the chassis and engine numbers are correct.
vitesse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D4B wrote:
Yes my French imported van had to be MOT'd on the chassis number, then present the MOT, insurance and proof of age document (this came from Peugeot in France in the end) and once they are happy they issue an age related registration doc and road tax.

But how come you have to go through all that when you already have a UK Reg number?

I think it is because the DVLA don't seem to have a record of Peter's car anymore. If you enter the reg on their website it doesn't recognise it?

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla
D4B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vitesse wrote:
If you enter the reg on their website it doesn't recognise it?

Hi Tony, No! nor on Cartell.ie either.

So I googled the Reg and found only this.....

http://www.w.fiat500club.org.uk/clubchat/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6810&view=previous

Wink

Not many replies on there Peter?
colwyn500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D4B wrote:
vitesse wrote:
If you enter the reg on their website it doesn't recognise it?

Hi Tony, No! nor on Cartell.ie either.

So I googled the Reg and found only this.....

http://www.w.fiat500club.org.uk/clubchat/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6810&view=previous

Wink

Not many replies on there Peter?

I joined the Fiat 500 club as soon as I got the car thinking they would be some help to me. the forum was not very lively and appears to have dried up completely now as I think they had this wacky idea that you had to join the club to get on the forum. I really would like to know more of the history of the car and my best chance is keeping on posting right left and centre as I do.

I can't imagine that I will really have any trouble registering the car but will get very annoyed if I have to involve a club with associated membership costs as I think used to be the procedure...maybe still is Twisted Evil

PS. I need to turn the car around for the rear brakes on the driver's side so fitted a couple of tyres today. So easy, I hardly needed the tyre levers and I think using my slippy drain silicone really helped.

Last edited by colwyn500 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
vitesse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve that must be the altered ego of Peter, who from this day forth shall be known as Bluebottle. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 40 of 58

Jump to: