classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Armstrong Siddeley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The elves have been busy!!!
rjt10/4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news on my Hurricane its not registered with the DVLA due to the previous owners restoration he has messed up the paper work now the DVLA want to issue a Q plate after an IVA test BUT VOSA do not IVA test cars over 10 years old any more
the previous owner changed the chassis but did not keep the registration number with the chassis then notified DVLA he had changed the chassis now the DVLA are insisting its a kit car im just hoping the owners club can help me out with some dating evidence
norustplease

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely frustrating, and of course you are now in the hands of a faceless 22 year old admin bod who has never heard of an Armstrong, doesn't care whether the situation is resolved or not and finds it just simpler to stick your application back in a return envelope with a standard letter saying sorry, insufficient information!
Indeed, the DVLA's position at the moment seems to be that everything vintage/classic defaults on initial application, to a Q Plate due to 'insufficient dating evidence' . I have had this problem myself and am aware of several others in the last year or so, who have taken quite a long time trying to get an age related plate, even though the car is fully documented and is obviously a genuine item.

My own experience has been that DVLA would not accept just the word of the owners club, but needed something from the actual manufacturers' archive, and in my case, fortunately the manufacturer was still in business and had an active archive section.
DVLA then, however, insisted on an inspection because they felt that the manufacturer's letterhead on the dating evidence was not convincing (these are the inspectors own words)!

The inspection fortunately convinced them that it was as declared and the registration followed in a few days.

Don't lose heart, I would think that a chat with the owners club would be invaluable in this situation. It can't be totally unheard of to re-chassis a car under these circumstances. 2CV and Landrover owners do it all the time!
Boring Tucson SUV
rjt10/4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update on my Hurricane DVLA still insist on a Q plate but I do have some good news I have just purchased a 1949 hurricane with V5C and reg number so I will be putting my body onto this new chassis and getting it back on the road in the new year
rjt10/4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic news picked up the hurricane and drove it for the first time since buying it 7 1/2 months ago and I can say it put a smile a mile wide on my face drove it home from the garage then later took it out for a proper run and went into Tintagel no issues at all a fantastic car to drive

kevin2306

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic

Great result

Kev
Ray White

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really shouldn't have been put through all that stress; not to mention expense. I dare say you will tell me that life's too short, but I wondered what the legal situation was in regard to compensation from the plonker who sold you the duff chassis/number?

Or is it just a case of "caveat emptor"?
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray White wrote:
You really shouldn't have been put through all that stress; not to mention expense. I dare say you will tell me that life's too short, but I wondered what the legal situation was in regard to compensation from the plonker who sold you the duff chassis/number?

Or is it just a case of "caveat emptor"?

The lawyers would win hands down Laughing Laughing Laughing Probably best just to chalk it up to experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: