classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Fuel gauge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
Miken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Fuel gauge Reply with quote

Hello all.
This is my first post and i would like some advise on how to get the fuel gauge working on my 1933 Morris Minor. This the first old car I have owned so its still all a bit new to me.
My car has been converted to 12v which I would like to keep.
I have removed the sender unit from the tank because it is a corroded wreck and blanked the hole off so i can still use the car.
The fuel gauge is a 2" diameter period looking item although it is marked 24v and the needle flops about loosely.
I am assuming it doesn't work.
At the moment, although although I can drive my car perfectly alright i have a blanking disc in the fuel tank where the sender should be and a hole in the dashboard where the gauge should be.
So;
Can some one suggest what sender unit and suitable looking gauge I should purchase and where from.
I understand the gauge should be matched to the sender in some way?
The mounting for the sender is the standard sort of 6 hole flange fitting that i have seen on post war Minors ,MG's and other English cars.
So maybe an early 12v post war Minor sender would be a starting point?
Thanks
Mike
IanAl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best place to find a fuel gauge is an autojumble on ebay or place a wanted ad on here? Same for a replacement fuel tank sender unit. If you want new try someone like Holden vintage http://www.holden.co.uk/search.asp
Miken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit of parts ordered from Holden Vintage
Thanks
MN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: