classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Modern Classic - Jaguar X308
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
47p2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Modern Classic - Jaguar X308 Reply with quote

Can't believe how inexpensive the X308 is at the moment, I've just bought this one for less than the price of a set of tyres, 58k FJSH but it had no MOT which meant I had to book it in before driving 100 miles to my MOT station Shocked

It passed with the same advisories as last year, slight corrosion on the front brake pipes and slight play in a bottom balljoint. Hardly surprising as it's only done 300 miles since the last MOT

I spent today giving it a good clean up

COMMAD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Looks very nice, value for money. Smile Smile
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing things aren't they, I'm often tempted too, so long (on the X308) as the tensioners have been done they seem quite reliable by all accounts.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
47p2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance certificate arrived in the post today so I now have road tax and all legal. Had to take it out for a drive, managed to use Sport mode and OMG what a difference that makes.

47p2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving this barging stuff.

Went to a scrap yard today and bought a door seal, full set of genuine Jaguar Rubber mats, rubber seal for under the bonnet, leather service wallet, two brand new Jaguar 12v cigarette lighters and a couple of odds and sods all for a tenner

The driver mat was worn through so I removed the carpet piece and cut a new carpet for it

47Jag

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

I thought you were a confirmed Mercedes man Smile

Lovely looking car. Is that in Eaglesham you took the pictures?

Art
47p2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Art, I hate Mercedes but need them for work, saying that I sold the S-Class last year and bought an Audi A8 LWB which is a cracking car.

Yes the pictures were taken yesterday in the Mid Road in Eaglesham, about 500 yards from where I was born
47p2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interior pictures. Slight bit of Jaguar bolster wear on the driver's seat but no shine on the leather anywhere.
All I have done is vacuum the interior and give the leather a light wipe with some APC.

The boot is also like new

I have done nothing in here, it also looks like it's had an easy life

lowdrag

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It surprises me that the mat is worn through at 58K. Mine has 156K on the clock and while worn it is still serviceable. Mind you, it is a Merc though Wink
47p2

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mat came out of a scrap yard car that had 200k on it
pogo

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: XJ8 Reply with quote

Looks a diamond.
I have had one for over 2 years, bought it here in france, and its been a dream of a car, and our daily driver when we had the misfortune to buy a renault Espace, the most unreliable car I have ever known.

Been back to the UK twice, returns 27 mpg fully loaded with kids and luggage, and over here, a rare sight, its very much admired.
But, I am selling it....for an XK8.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

Paul
petelang

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: I've got one too! Reply with quote

After searching for over a year I have also just found one. A lovely Daimler 2002, one of the last X308's in Metallic Black, formerly owned by UK Gov and therefore maintained at no concern about expense to the taxpayer (it's a bit like getting a tax rebate, ha!).
Low mileage and it even has the magnetic flag mast on the wing. Pick it up Wednesday this week. can't wait.
It was a bargain really for one without any of the engine risks (being later steel liner engine, and with all the mods incorporated) and for the money is almost what you would be asked to pay for one two years older.
I hope it is just falling into the "classic" category, at least my Insurers reckon it is so its reasonable at £350 a year.

Dblebill

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Modern Classic - Jaguar X308 Reply with quote

47p2 wrote:
Can't believe how inexpensive the X308 is at the moment, I've just bought this one for less than the price of a set of tyres, 58k FJSH but it had no MOT which meant I had to book it in before driving 100 miles to my MOT station Shocked

It passed with the same advisories as last year, slight corrosion on the front brake pipes and slight play in a bottom balljoint. Hardly surprising as it's only done 300 miles since the last MOT

I spent today giving it a good clean up

Smile Smile
Great car and great looking garage, wish I had one like that to park my E-Type in Smile
Dblebill

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I've got one too! Reply with quote

petelang wrote:
After searching for over a year I have also just found one. A lovely Daimler 2002, one of the last X308's in Metallic Black, formerly owned by UK Gov and therefore maintained at no concern about expense to the taxpayer (it's a bit like getting a tax rebate, ha!).
Low mileage and it even has the magnetic flag mast on the wing. Pick it up Wednesday this week. can't wait.
It was a bargain really for one without any of the engine risks (being later steel liner engine, and with all the mods incorporated) and for the money is almost what you would be asked to pay for one two years older.
I hope it is just falling into the "classic" category, at least my Insurers reckon it is so its reasonable at £350 a year.

Great looking car, get the flagpoles out with a couple of nice flags and you'll be riding round like royalty Smile
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening gents, how are the X308s doing?

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: