classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

FS ignition key problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
devonnick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: FS ignition key problem Reply with quote

Hi. I have an unrestored DB6 and have a problem with the ignition. Either the key is too worn or the lock barrel is slipping. I have ordered key blanks for 62FS S71B from Ebay but do not want to have them cut against the old key. I could not find anyone that has the codes and can make my key up for me. Does anyone know how I can get this done? The other key for the boot is the far more common FS894 and these are available computer cut and ready to go. I have researched the 62FS S71B and it appears to have been used on a wide selection of British cars and motorcycles in the 60/70's so don't know why there is a supply problem. Does anyone know??

I really don't want to change the lock as it is a nightmare job requiring a long thin arm through the speedo hole working blind or removing the whole dashboard and fascia which is a 10 hour job.

Regards

Nick
peter scott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum.

Try emailing (title) The Lock Man.
email: postmaster@classicmotor.co.uk

Peter
devonnick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter

I called The Lock Man. he couldn't help but put me onto Lincoln Auto Locks who look like they can cumputer cut the key I need Smile

Nick
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say FS keys were so common (virtually as to make them useless) They can still be had on cards/assorted rings etc at most autojumbles of a decent size even now and NOS too. I got one out of a selection of 6 at 3 stalls recently - they have a variety of "ends" eg oblong/round/oval etc and even in Union/Wilmott Breedon.

Even if you get the right key any other will probably work if the cylinder is slightly worn!
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: