classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Pitted Points
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DLB100 is a 12v coil, the DLB102 is the 6v version for use with ballast system, If you are going to use the DLB100 long term, you should short the ballast resistor out.

As I said before, the low compression of the RR engine means you can get away with a low spec ignition system.

Dave
Kelsham

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave's confirmation makes sense, the readings indicated a six volt and twelve volt coil.
With the 12 volt you wont need the ballast resistor, Looks as if the mystery is solved.

Regards Kels.
jessejazza

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered a TAC unit. It takes the current off the points and dispenses with the condensor which seem to be of c*** quality these days.
I tried these hall effect conversion kits and also found a couple faulty... but then what does one expect if they are from China. TAC I have found totally reliable for the price of £15.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: