classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Three Imps gone...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
badhuis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Three Imps gone... Reply with quote

Today three Imps were picked up from the shed they were in for over 15 years.
A friend owned these for over 20 years. Two always have been in the shed as "parts cars" being too rusted, one was driven up until 15 years ago and was still complete. This one had the best shell, only needing a couple of patches welding on the known trouble spots: front corners, sill rear ends, rear bottoms. Arches were all fine.
The friend had a change in life and left me with the Imps. Having many, too many projects myself I was not interested so the decision was made to sell them on. That turned out not too easy but they have found new owners.

Sadly no Imp will survive, all will be scrapped. The best one will donate its shell to a racing Imp the new owner has. The current racing Imp shell has become too weak over the years. The red interior of a parts car will be saved and used in another roadgoing Imp, and the mechanics of the other parts car will live on as well.

One of the new owners had a particularly interesting car to pick up the Imp: a huge 1970 GMC V8 petrol pickup truck. He uses this for transporting his race Imp and other Imp variants. He made wooden ramps which go over the rear wheelarches. an electric winch was very useful to "drive" the Imp all the way up on the car.

The "best" Imp

Most rotten Imp

A unique transport

kevin2306

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i so want a little imp
shame they are destined for scrap though Sad
roverdriver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The transport is impressive!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: