classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Amended search for a 1940's (Brit or US) car for TV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
carsgovroom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Amended search for a 1940's (Brit or US) car for TV Reply with quote

Hi,

My name's Chris Plante, and I'm researcher with the BBC. We're making a docudrama in (and a bit north) of London telling the story of Daphne du Maurier.

1: Any car suitable for London in 1947. It would see minimal street time, if any at all; more than likely being shot in front of a blue screen also.

2: An American Cadillac or Buick from the lat 1940's. Preferablly black, in good condition, and from 1947. Not a softop.

3:An American Convertable from the late 1940's, preferably black, though fun, beach colours are welcome too.

The shots would take place in a studio in front of a blue screen like old fashion films, and would require no driving of the vehicle. We also would like to shoot it pulling into a country house in Essex. The owner could drive the car for this sequence as the schauffer, if they prefer, and would be paid as an extra. The shoot would last a few hours.

Also, if the car is driven the owner would have the choice to drive it, and be paid as an extra.

I hope to hear back from some of you soon, when we could discuss cost and scheduling.

Cheers,
Chris Plante
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: