classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Ford E83W Headlights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
Bugly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Ford E83W Headlights Reply with quote

I am looking for a pair of 6V semi-sealed headlamps to fit into the buckets of my 1948 Fordson E83W. Can anybody please confirm whether the E83W takes a standard 6-1/2" headlight lens or semi-sealed lights?

The outer chrome rim measures about 6-3/16" across the inside diameter. I have two dead reflectors but only one broken lens, which looks to have had a frosted 'moon' shape over the top of the lens. I would prefer to upgrade to semi-sealed units with 6V BPF quartz-halogen bulbs for the better light output.

Has anybody a recommended source for these?
Bugly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to the above post, I mixed up some Araldite today and glued the broken lens together again (shades of "Humpty Dumpty" Very Happy) On the inside of the outer rim is has "Butlers" and "No 128" cast into the lens. It is 163mm outside diameter, and 157mm across the part that protrudes through the chrome fixing ring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: