classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Ford Cortina Mk2 1600e Leaf Spring Advice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
Ben.Cortina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Ford Cortina Mk2 1600e Leaf Spring Advice Reply with quote

Afternoon all, First post on here looking forward to hearing from you all!

Me and my Farther are restoring a 1970 Ford Cortina 1600e Mk2. Were moving along pretty well however we've become abit stuck with regards to the rear leaf springs. They look to be in okay condition however were struggling to source the perished rubbers. Ive read that there are some places that take worn springs and replace or refurb them. I just wondered if anyone on this forum had any experience with replacing worn Leaf springs, if there was a company anyone could suggest to could help us out or if there was a alternative spring that fits the cortina mk2 that we could use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
alec.elliot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

You could try Brost Forge in London (details on the net.) I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them.

All the best

Alec
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: