classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

My Mazda Eunos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
kevin2306

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: My Mazda Eunos Reply with quote

You have seen my Singer Vogue project and I have briefly shown my mazda, but having got her out of winter hibernation today I thought I would share her with you.

After a brief dalliance with a late uk spec mx5 (broke it for spares due to excessive rust), I was perusing ebay during a period of boredom in work on the morning of Christmas eve 2012. I had decided to look for a Jap spec import, so a eunos not the uk spec mx5. A search showed a eunos in a car dealers just 10 mile from my home. a quick call and I had arranged to drop in on the way home.
The car had been in his showroom for well over 6 month and a thorough inspection showed the car to be rust free, clean as a whistle and with only 50k on the clock a good find. He was asking £2k which was quite high!
I made a cheeky offer of £800 cash and left my mobile number and headed off home. I had got about a mile down the road when the dealer rang me, as long as I paid cash and could collect that afternoon he would accept my offer, he even offered his trade plates to enable me to get it home. he also offered to put 12 month MOT on her for an additional £20!
So, home for some cash and I became the happy owner.

Over the first winter I gave her a full service and fitted new pads and discs all round. The calipers are known to seize up so these were stripped and carefully reassembled with brake grease etc.
Final job was to Dinitrol all the cavities and underside.

Done a few low key mods, 14 degree timing mod, front plate off in lieu of a sticky but mainly a good clean and detail.
She is a great little car, tight as a drum and perfect for sunny evening blasts.

On arrival home, xmas eve 2012

As sticky tyres are expensive for 14" rims, some lightweight enkie rims were bought, rough but straight

Painted up with new decals fitted and lacquered over

fitted with some 15" sticky Toyo tyres

New discs and pads, inc painting the suspension etc

engine bay cleaned and cam cover painted etc

Front number plate plinth removed and sticky plate fitted

So, there she is in a brief introduction and this is us out and about today (first time this year) with Dinas Bran castle in the background

Kev
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot to be said for having an MX5/Eunos on the fleet, I've seen plenty of ragtops driving by today, half makes me want to get another '5 sometime.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
vitesse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very clean Kev. Is the fact it is on a J plate reflective of it being a 1991/2 car? I am not sure how the DVLA allocate number plates for imports?

If it is a 91/92 car it is in amazing condition.

Tony
kevin2306

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vitesse wrote:
Looks very clean Kev. Is the fact it is on a J plate reflective of it being a 1991/2 car? I am not sure how the DVLA allocate number plates for imports?

If it is a 91/92 car it is in amazing condition.

Tony

Yep. 1992!
Been kept nice and dry I reakon. Complete opposite from the '96 uk mx5 I had first which was a rust bucket.
She is a very clean car and great for sunny days.

Kev
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the MX5 had been a British car, all and sundry would be heralding it! Cracking motor Kev Smile

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: