classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Scotland/north England engine rebuilder recommendations
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
Rdover

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Scotland/north England engine rebuilder recommendations Reply with quote

Has anyone any recommendations for an engine rebuilder within a few hours drive of Glasgow to do a partial rebuild of my Alldays engine?
47Jag

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,

West of Scotland Engineering (on South Street Glasgow I think) can do the machining but I don't think they do dis-assembly/assembly.

Art
Rdover

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

47Jag wrote:
Richard,

West of Scotland Engineering (on South Street Glasgow I think) can do the machining but I don't think they do dis-assembly/assembly.

Art

I've spoken to them (they've done bits for me over the years) and they will dismantle, measure and agree repairs but not reassemble. I can do it, if I have the time, but I'm looking at the option of handing the whole job to someone so I just have to finish off and install a perfect engine.

I suspect that, for peace of mind, I'll use WOSE and get them to do refit the pots.

I can see me doing a full engine rebuild so as to be 100% certain it's done for a generation or 2. Shame I didn't diagnose this last September Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: