classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Triumph stag
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
gerry snelling

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Triumph stag Reply with quote

My stag is a 1971 auto I bought it with a leak from the front gear box seal it's 35 box we took the box out replaced the front and rear seals and the sump gasket it seemed fine but it still leaks oil but still drives ok any ideas
BigJohn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is like a BW35 in a Rover P6 3500, when you leave them for over a fortnight the fluid drains back from the torque converter and leaks out of the breather. I start mine once a week in winter if I'm not using it to prevent this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: