classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Hillman Minx - For Sale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Hillman Minx - For Sale Reply with quote

With some regret but essentially to make room for another project I have decided to sell our 1955 Hillman Minx.

She is the 'Special' saloon, meaning she has been 'de-trimmed' to some extent and uses the 1265cc sidevalve engine. We acquired her a number of years ago and she has always been stored inside. The engine was seized so this has been stripped ready for rebuild and I have bought new pistons/rings/bearings/gaskets for the rebuild. The gearbox selects all gears easily.

Bodywork is tidy but will need some repairs to the sills and the lower wheelarches, obviously she will need a re-spray, she only has light surface rust in places. She has been waxoyled from new so underneath she is in lovely condition. The interior is very good, no rips or tears and she has the lovely front bench seat and column change.

Chromework was stripped from the car a number of years ago and has been stored. I haven't looked through this but most is really good condition.

She has a V5 in my name and I also have some history and the buff log book. She has a very nice non-transferable Devon registration number.

Overall she is a really good project and a short one at that in our opinion. I want her to go to someone who will restore her rather than slap her straight on ebay or break her. I am looking for offers around £1000.

Anyone seriously interested either message me for further details or I can be contacted on (01458) 860135.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: