classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

'Baby Grand' car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: 'Baby Grand' car Reply with quote

Hi all

Received an email with the following questions in it, can anyone help??

"Can I ask you about a old car that someone was telling me about he is around the age group of in the 80s, anyways he was telling me about an old car called the BABY GRAND - he's not sure what year it may of came out at anyways, he got me interested into looking it up but am having a hard time trying to find any information on the car all I see is the BABY GRAND RACING CARS. If there is such a car can you please help me out in any way at all, am very interested in old cars, I don't know why but I've always liked the older cars the funny thing is I don't own or drive a car (lol), but I just love old cars. If you have any information about this type of car can you please send it to me please and thank you. Bye for now"

Any ideas y'all????

Rick

Question Question
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that the car was the 1914 or 15 Chevrolet H4 Baby Grand, which is notable for the fact that I think that it was the first Chevy ever to have the now-famous "Bowtie" emblem...or maybe the last that didn't.

I guess that someone will put me right here. Otherwise, could it be referring to a "baby" Austin...they were grand little cars!
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Joe has it correct!
The Chevy Bowtie emblem was first used in 1914 and the "Baby Grand" name was used from 1914 thru 1922.

According to my Chevy Book the "Baby Grand" name was associated with models (H-4) 1914 to 1916; (F-5) 1917; (FA5) 1918 & 1919; (FB50) 1920 & 1921; (FB32) 1922
Rare car in this age.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuchamp, thanks for confirming that. Did your book say anything about the introduction of the Bowtie emblem?
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "bowtie" was first introduced in the fall of 1913.

I'm not sure if it was first used on the 1913 or 1914 models. The first photo I find with it is the 1914 model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: