classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

help my friend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
LBLbaby

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: help my friend! Reply with quote

my friend just bought a MSD from the store,but don't know how to install it. Embarassed is there anybody know how this device(multi spark discharge BK-3400) working?
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly better in another section of the forum - this area is for announcements about forthcoming classic car shows, or reports from shows that have already taken place.

Didn't it come with any instructions?
peter scott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really appropriate to this Old Classic Car forum but this link does show a wiring diagram and a chat connection.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/MSD-multi-Ignition-device-BK-3400_60043972533.html

You might be better to enquire at a forum dedicated to the vehicle that it will be installed in.
Peter_L

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEdwards wrote:
Possibly better in another section of the forum - this area is for announcements about forthcoming classic car shows, or reports from shows that have already taken place.

Instructions !!! Isn't that a document that should only be referred to once every trial and error combination has been completed. ?
Smile
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterwpg wrote:
MikeEdwards wrote:

Instructions !!! Isn't that a document that should only be referred to once every trial and error combination has been completed. ?
Smile

The way many sets of "instructions" are written that's often the best idea. I was assembling a wall bracket for a TV back in the summer, and went completely wrong by following the useless instructions. I had to dismantle everything and start again, but once I actually looked at the parts, had a bit of a play and thought about it for a minute I had it licked in no time Smile
Old Wrench

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I simply loved this bit!

"Ignition energy stronger up 170mJ, ignition voltage remains constant at 45000V even at high speeds,engine speed rise faster, more powerful, sharp acceleration, horsepower and torque can be increased by 10% -15%, vehicle performance has been significantly improved."

Laughing Laughing

I can just imagine all the lovely spark coronas dancing around the distributor cap and rotor........Shocked Shocked

The OEM manufacturers, naturally, hadn't a wee clue what they were doing when they specified the ignition system!

Shocked Laughing Laughing

Remind me to tell you all the nice little tale of the charming little Irish gentleman and his Mini Countryman and BHP at the front (driving )wheels one day.......
LBLbaby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Wrench wrote:
Oh I simply loved this bit!

"Ignition energy stronger up 170mJ, ignition voltage remains constant at 45000V even at high speeds,engine speed rise faster, more powerful, sharp acceleration, horsepower and torque can be increased by 10% -15%, vehicle performance has been significantly improved."

Laughing Laughing

I can just imagine all the lovely spark coronas dancing around the distributor cap and rotor........Shocked Shocked

The OEM manufacturers, naturally, hadn't a wee clue what they were doing when they specified the ignition system!

Shocked Laughing Laughing

Remind me to tell you all the nice little tale of the charming little Irish gentleman and his Mini Countryman and BHP at the front (driving )wheels one day.......

You use this device before?You know how it work?And where did you got the message?...My friend really love it.....
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as if this is a Capacitive Discharge ignition rather than the Inductive Discharge ignition that is more common on the majority of our vehicles.

The maximum voltage that an ignition system can deliver is not as important as the speed in which the coil voltage rises and collapses; to fire a plug, the voltage rises in the coil secondary until its high enough to jump the plug gap, widen the gap and quite simply the voltage it fires at will be higher.

So assuming in this devices instructions it advises that the plug gaps be opened up (they would have to be pretty big to make the plug fire at 45KV Shocked ) as Old Wrench points out, the other HT components in a conventional ignition system would have probably leaked most of the energy way before it got to the plug!

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: