classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Here's an interesting one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Old Wrench

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Here's an interesting one! Reply with quote

I have been having minor brake problems with Mrs Wrench's trusty Volvo 940 Highlander Estate. Fairly basic 1993 car, 2.0 Litre.

Checking, there is slight weepage from the servo push road, past the dust gaiter: no fluid running down the pedal, however I decided to source a new master cylinder and go from there.........

Slight problem: I cannot find a supplier for the new part! Neither can I find a supplier for seal kit: no, not the Oink! Oink! variety, rather the little rubber things.

Still, from a fellow member of the Volvo Owner's Club forum, I have now sourced a secondhand unit which he asserts is all good.

So once I get it, I'll strip it and measure the bores and go from there...........

The core problem is despite quoting the Volvo OEM number cast into the body, no one actually knows much if anything about them!

Volvo for some reason know only to themselves, used such a multiplicity of brake component suppliers, it is very much a case of removing the part, every time.

Areas like this are where the nightmares will come from "Classic Cars" of the near future, as the dates move along...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: