classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Time to pension off the Rover category
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
47p2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeC wrote:
47p2 wrote:
I sold my P2 two weeks ago...

Wow! I didn't see that coming - are you replacing it with something interesting?

Nothing planned as yet Mike, I've owned, enjoyed and cared for it for almost 12 years and had great fun with it, but with owning such a rare car (one of only 25 left) there is always the worry that something might happen to it. I was using it less and less after the damage it sustained at the Moffat Rally in 2009 with the aerosol. The rally organiser took no responsibility for the damage and I had to claim my own insurance which for those that don't know will affect your other car policies

When displaying the car at rallies I was often asked if the car was for sale or more often than not I was offered a silly lowball price so I put an advert on an American website that has some luxury high end cars. I spent an age writing the advert and priced it at a price I would be happy letting it go for, but at a price high enough to deter tyre kickers. I almost sold it a few years ago to a chap down south, he sent a deposit, then decided at the 11th hour to back out of the sale asking for his deposit back. I decided that as I had kept the car for 3 months for him I would keep the deposit so just posted the advert on the website again and it's been there for a few years now.

A few months ago I had a random email asking if I would sell the car and I sent the person a link to the advert, he came back after a few months with a lower offer and I refused so he came back again with an offer of almost full price and a few weeks later travelled down from the highlands to see the car and take it for a drive. A couple of weeks later and he was back down to take Tilly away on the 180 mile drive to her new home. The new owner is elderly and already owns a 1930s Bentley so I know Tilly will be well looked after.
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be a bit like selling your granny after all that while. I tend to hang on to my cars longer as I get older,maybe its an age thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: