classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

New guy from Devon
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
wkennerley

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Z5 - I have been told that a Rory Kilalea had a blue convertible Allard in the 1970s, just trying to confirm it was an M1.

Regards Wayne
z5roadster

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would add a few photos of cars etc that have meant something to me though life so far.
This 1934 Austin Seven was the first car I drove at the age of about 8/9 yrs could only go about 4ft but it was fun going backwards and forward, remember it so well.

The miles I travelled as pillion in the early 50's on this 1932 Brough Superior SS100 I hate to think, if my mum know she would have put a stop to it. Spent many hours watching the engine being rebuilt on the kitchen floor, heads being lapped in, there was a sight glass on the delivery side of the oil pump, one of my jobs was to make sure the oil was pumping through as my step dad kicked it over, good job there was a decompression lever on the handle bars.

Rebuilt this Honda Pan-European from a Japanese right-off, came with next to no plastic panels, had to gather 40 panels to complete the bodywork.

More to follow as they crop up.
wkennerley

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, where was the Brough registered?
z5roadster

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I don't know, the reg was TV7123 was last known to be in Tiverton Devon, or should I say the engine and the frame. The owner had loaned the tank to a Norwegian to copy, but I was a little disappointed when I saw it, to think mum sold the Brough and the Austin for £20, there was an Indian Chief that a family friend kindly took away for her
DM

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV No's were issued in Nottingham.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: