classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Fuel price colapse!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories
Keith D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Fuel price colapse! Reply with quote

I am stunned! Our local Puma petrol station here in sleepy old Upper Swan is today advertising ULP for $1.02c/litre! With the 4c/litre discount voucher that the supermarkets offer, the price drops even more to 98c/litre! Less than a dollar per litre! A few months ago the price was well over $1.55c/litre!

This is the first time that cynical old me has been surprised by the oil companies actually seriously dropping the prices.

Keith
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We notice it more with the price of heating oil; 2 years ago it was circa 70p a litre, today I can get it for 36p Smile

In the UK LPG also tend to be more volatile price wise, as with heating there is less tax on it that vehicle fuel, so crude oil price chages have a bigger impact.

Dave
Peter_L

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maximum price that retailers can sell gasoline/diesel/heating oil, is set by the New Brunswick Energy and Utilities Board at 12:01 a.m. every Thursday. Retailers can sell below. Our village gas is always lower than the cities.

Gasoline is currently set at 91.4 C (Cnd) per litres and diesel at 113.5.

Our local station sells regular at 89.3. At todays exchange rate = .49p UK

A month or so ago. we were paying $1.31 per litre. The downside is, we don't do anywhere near the kms/miles we did when working. Our gas bill for two vehicles would be over $120 per week at around $1.20 per litre.

I filled up this morning, the last time was the 20th Dec.

The only way we could save a lot of money is to drive more

Rolling Eyes Wink Question
Ray White

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard somewhere that the oil price has come down in attempt to kill off fracking?.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: