classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Wolseley Dynamo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
trampintransit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Wolseley Dynamo Reply with quote

Not a Morris but I think you guyswill know?

My missus has a Wolseley 1500, the dynamo is labelled as an LRD100. ... is that right? It does the job but just doesnt seem to line up without the prolific use of spacers and long bolts?
Penguin45

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucas C40 will be the correct one. LRD100 is probably a re-work number.

P45.
bjacko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Wolseley 1500 Generator/Dynamo Reply with quote

The Lucas manual states that a Model C39PV-2 type L-0 was fitted to 1958-59 cars P/N 22258F which is 3.9" diameter and the 1960 models were fitted with a Model C40-1 Type L-0 which is 4" diameter P/N 22700D and some had P/N 22704A units also 4" dia.
There is no ref to LRD100 and could be a rework or from some other manufacturer or a different era.
They all appear to be the same length as they use the same through bolt.
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LRD100 is a currently made Lucas copy/ equivalent 4" dynamo that replaces the C40, they are not sold on an exchange basis, so I suspect they are new. TRW who acquired Lucas use LRD prefix for Lucas Dynamos and LRA for alternators.
You see them sold under many brand names (including Lucas), made in the east and seem to work well, some of the internals actually have the Lucas brand in the castings, so I suspect someone bought up Lucas tooling from TRW, or TRW outsourced the manufacture ?

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: