classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Graffitti removal from paint
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Graffitti removal from paint Reply with quote

Where I live in Gorleston my cars are parked opposite a playground.
Some yobs have sprayed my transit and taxi,the transit is painted with enamel,any tips on how to remove the mess?.

MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a light compound on a soft cloth be enough? That is, would a liquid compound be safe on your enamel paint - I'm fairly sure it would take the aerosol paint off, just a case of whether it's going to do any further harm.
kevin2306

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you get on of the scroats that did that and use his nose for the paint removal?
Failing that id try some tcut.

Kev
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Tcut and it took a long time but I got it off without damaging the paint. Our local council encourage the yobs to spray graffitti on a nearby building in the (mistaken) belief that it stops them vandalising .Personally, I think a size ten up the backside is a far more effective solution.
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that what's really needed is for the retailers of these aerosols to take serious measures to stop the scrotes from shoplifting them. The (retail) price of those cans means they're sure as hell not buying them legitimately so simply keeping them behind the counter should stop a LOT of these self proclaimed "artists"... Rolling Eyes
JonV2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Baconsdozen,
Sorry I saw this post a bit late and you've already removed it...
My dad used to have work vans and when we were selling them I had the job of removing the old signwriting. I used to use spray on oven remover. Highly noxious for one's health, bad for the environment, and all round nasty but it did a great job in removing the paint. (Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner)

A few years later a friend had his car graffitied, and we tried the spray. The graffiti bubbled up and just washed off with water.

Again, sorry I got this info a bit late to you, and hopefully no-one else will need it.
1959 XK150
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sorry for the late reply. I got the paint off with Tcut and turps. Mr Muscle oven cleaner does a great job of cleaning spark plugs ! Its amazing how much muck it shifts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: